Sunday, February 15, 2009

Introductory Interview: Kate

wardrobe remix 05 21 08


What should we call you? Kate works just fine, but my fellow muskequeers have been known to call me Sloany (my last name is Sloan), especially to the tune of Nellie McKay's "Clonie." (You may not call me Katie unless granted special permission, thank you.)

What do you identify as? I consider myself bisexual, though that label is largely in question, as you'll learn in future posts.

What/who are you attracted to? Tattooed boys with tall hair, guitar skillz, & a crazy sense of humor. Androgynous or boyish girls with sweet eyes &, if possible, a fauxhawk. John Mayer. Katherine Moennig. Dr Gregory House (but strangely, not Hugh Laurie).

What are your hobbies/interests? I play music (piano, guitar, ukulele), sing, & write songs. At school, I do drama, both scripted & improvised. I take a drawing & painting course, which, though I'm not very good, makes me deliriously happy. I'm a bit of a fashion geek & try to make the way I dress reflect who I am. I do some creative writing & would very much like to do more.

Where do you hang out? School, Starbucks, the Danforth, thrift stores, small independent cafés, my back yard.

What are your life goals/ambitions? I'd like to release a CD of my music. I also want to live in New York, visit Paris, own something by Betsey Johnson, teach music lessons, start up some kind of initiative to help queer youth &/or educate people about sexuality, & fall in love.

What music do you listen to? Tegan & Sara, Death Cab For Cutie, The Softies, Bryce Kulak, John Legend, Nellie McKay, Stacey Kent, John Mayer, Ani DiFranco, KT Tunstall, various musicals (especially Sondheim).

What 10 adjectives describe you? Stubborn, colorful, queer (both senses of the word), creative, lazy, interested, musical, ambitious, reliable, geeky.

No comments:

Post a Comment