Monday, January 4, 2010

time stretches like baby pink bubblegum

time stretches like baby pink bubblegum
between our aching mouths sore from
talking into kissing then connecting
in more ways than i (at first) knew how -

& your brown brown eyes search for signs
that some part of me is lying but
my body & my words, when faced with you,
can only tell the naked bright white truth.

exhaled against your lips a silent prayer
that you would never leave me, you'll stay tied,
confined, but nicely, sweetly, trapped by girlish wiles
& knowing no one has it better
than you & me as we
sink slowly at starbucks & streetfolk stare.

the lifeblood of this love-precursor lies in the
languid details, the way i'm weird & you're weirder
& we both think weird's kind of wow. 'cause normal people
are boring, you know it, i know it,
& i also know i'm never bored
by you.

1 comment: