Saturday, January 2, 2010

a chronology of us so far

December 20th
So basically, I have the boyfriend I've been wanting for seven months... I don't even know how to express in writing how happy I am so I won't try. But I'm VERY happy.

December 21st
You know what's kind of great? He's a full fourteen inches taller than me, so I physically cannot kiss him unless I stand on something or he leans down. I like this - it's very chivalrous & old-worldly & lovely.

December 22nd
i. A common question these days: "So how is this going to affect your improv?" My usual answer: "I guess we'll find out, won't we!" We have an exhibition night coming up really soon so I hope our improv chemistry doesn't tank as a result of our real-life chemistry finally being acknowledged.

ii. Based on my Date Evaluation System which I half-jokingly devised in July (whose point system, due to lack of organization, ranges from -62 to +97), our first date gets a score of +69, which is (so say the numbers) the best date I've ever been on. I actually laughed out loud while doing the evaluation because some of the criteria fit so perfectly - e.g. +6 if they reveal an intimate secret about themself (neither of us can go an hour without revealing our intimate secrets); +5 if we hold hands or link arms (or both) with an additional +5 if it's initiated by them; +8 if they say some variation of "I really like you" (or, you know, those exact words!).

December 23rd
A part of me keeps feeling like this is somehow wrong... but it's probably just nerves over the whole "first boyfriend" thing, which is all so new & foreign - except for those moments where we're fitting together & we're laughing & it feels like it's been this way forever, like we've been going out for months & months already, are established, are gorgeously comfortable & lovey-dovey (oh I do hate that word, but it works here). I'm definitely still figuring all this out & it's going to take some time for me to fully trust, accept, & forgive him. But right now the thought of him makes me feel swoony about 58% of the time which is more than can be said of almost anyone else in the world.

December 24th
Every time my hands get cold, I think of him.

December 27th
Very interesting fact: both of his parents are Taureans so he knows aaall about the kind of strength, stubbornness, vivacity, & intensity he can expect from me.

December 28th
At one point we were at a busy intersection, & Kathleen said in her responsible-teacher voice, "Everyone hold hands with a buddy!" He said "I've got my buddy!" & indicated our intertwined hands.

December 29th
Hey, Kate? Remember, always, because I know you tend to forget: he likes you, he wants to touch you, he calls you every night, he grabs for your hand, he holds you, he buries his face in your hair, he thinks you're cute & pretty & amazing, HE asked YOU out, he cares about you, he wants to spend time with you... Never doubt these things, even though you're prone to, because they are true. Unequivocally & objectively.

December 30th
Uh, so, yeah, basically I have the best boyfriend ever (clingy & romantic, yet masculine? nerdy & smart, yet down-to-earth? WHAT?!) & I am starting to feel like I could fall in love with him very quickly very soon, though I don't really have the slightest clue what that is supposed to feel like.

December 31st
"Stop that, it's making my skin crawl!"
"If your skin were literally crawling, there would be [green alien blood?] under it, which would have a potent smell..." (geeky tangent about crawly skin as per sci-fi logic)
(sarcastically) "You're making me feel sooo beautiful & attractive..."
"No, I was saying you DON'T have that [green alien blood or whatever], so actually you ARE!"
"Oh. Okay. Glad you think so."

January 1st
Oh, hello, 2010! I have someone to share you with! That is kind of really ridiculously awesome. Wow. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment