Saturday, March 7, 2009

Queer street fashion

I'd like to eventually make queer street fashion a regular part of this blog, because I feel that outward presentation of sexuality and gender identity is fascinating and unique for everyone. Here are a few shots I took at last year's Pride Parade & Dyke March - you can click on them to see them larger.

this photo makes me happy i live in toronto

I love this woman's adventurousness with color, all her many necklaces, her cool hippie vibe, her dog's matching collar, & the fact that she's kind of "dressing young" without looking unnatural at all. Absolutely gorgeous.

that's what i call an outfit

I was totally blown away by this girl (in the lamé). I can't imagine ever being as brave or as awesome as she is. Rock on, grrl.

little drummer dyke

The girls & I started referring to this cutie as "the little drummer dyke." She led the Dyke March with her ballin' beats. I love her crazy spiky hair & the fact that she looks incredible even in such casual, understated clothes. Also, right after I took this, I went up to her & told her I loved her drumming, & she gave me the most charmingly shy "thank you" ever.

foxy cleopatra perhaps

Love the sandals! & yet more gold lamé. & of course the hair! Swoon.

1 comment:

  1. Note: The gal in gold is from the Fat Femme Mofia & she was a spokesperson, hence the ridiculous cool dressing.
    She was for sure courageous.
    She's got curves in all the right places.

    ReplyDelete