Saturday, March 7, 2009

lips

a) I was around 8 when I had my first kiss. We'd gotten back from the pool & decided to play house, & I was put into the position of boyfriend. We were all girls, there were about 5 of us. One of the girls I didn't know was Daughter & I was picking her up for a date. She had been eating Gobstoppers on the way back from the pool & her mouth tasted sickly sweet.

b) The summer before grade 9 when I was still 13. My mom & her friend & I were on a road trip to film a wake boarding competition in the middle of nowhere slightly north of Niagara Falls. While there, I jumped into the river & cut myself open all over on zebra mussels. An older boy jumped in beside me & together we swam all the way down along the side of the river. He name was Mason & he was 17, tall, with blondish hair & many more experiences than my sheltered mind could comprehend. We talked all afternoon & ran around in the sun & I thoroughly enjoyed myself. At sunset we settled under a large beech tree with the dapples gold light falling between us. When his lips touched mine though, I was repulsed. Up until that point I had liked him. When we got back to the campsite I jumped into the pool to wash the taste & feel of him off of me.

c) I was in grade 10, she was in her fifth year. She was soft all over, that's one thing I remember, & she smelled like everything good & sweet in my world. When I kissed her, in the dark alcove leading into the darkroom, I felt like flames were jumping all over my body, spreading lust. I felt her lips on mine for the rest of the day & I'm still moderately upset for passing up a chance like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment