Monday, March 2, 2009

More...

Continuing Kate's reviews...

Come As You Are (701 Queen West, 416.504.7934)
pros:
  • Lotsa fun little toys, books, strap on gear, etc...
  • friendly staff who are willing to help you out
  • breast binders! I bought one for a friend there, & it was her very first one. They made it painless, with a locking washroom & general helpfulness.
  • my mama teaches workshops there.
  • nice window displays. :)
  • very accessible for people with disabilities

Cons:

  • I haven't had enough time to look around to give a better analysis.

Condom Shack (231 Queen West, 416.596.7515)

pros:

  • nice staff
  • lots of condoms...
  • probably the most accessible & widely known sex shop in the city

cons:

  • annoyingly well-known, some would say
  • neither a pro nor a con: mostly focusing on straight couples
  • not very private, with all the hustle outside the door.
  • small selection of lubes (thats all I really looked at while I was there) that were not all icky & chemical. Basically it was bad taste or yeast infection.

2 comments:

  1. In my experience, Come As You Are is really nice & classy, whereas the Condom Shack is way sketchy. I'm pretty sure I'd never go to the Condom Shack for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the Condom Shack. It shouldn't even be compared to the other ones. Come As You Are is awesome, and my dad recommended it to me as the second-best sex shop in Toronto (in his opinion). His first recommendation was Good For Her. He introduced me to it!

    ReplyDelete