Thursday, September 17, 2009

Improv Has Become My Aphrodisiac

Lately I've been really really into improv.

I mean, I took the course last year, & that's when & how I got good at it, but if that was sticking my toe into the puddle, what I'm doing now is a massive splashy cannonball into the lake of improvisational theatre.

How does this relate to sexuality & relationships, you might ask?

Well, for one thing, basically all the boys who do improv are unreasonably cute. I don't know why this is. It's one of the great mysteries of my life so far, not that I'm complaining (oh boy, am I not complaining).

Secondly, beyond being physically attractive to an often freakish degree, a lot of, if not all skilled improvisors possess all of the following qualities: intelligence, fabulous humour, a deep sense of empathy, & excellent listening skills.

So imagine a room full of adorable people with all those attributes... & me, a part of the circle like everyone else, feeling totally & completely at home in a sea of loveliness.

Now, obviously I'm not just doing improv for the cuteness. In fact, prospective seductees are about eighth or ninth on my list of Why I Am So Fucking In Love With Improv I Can Hardly Breathe When I Think About It. But certainly, it's an advantage. Maybe you should consider paying a visit to your local improvisational theatre (or moving to Chicago).

2 comments: