Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn Romance

One of my friends told me that to fall into crushland & romances in the autumn (begone, Ataris) is only natural what with the fact that we're mammals & designed to procreate to make spring babies.

& I am no exception; in grade 9 right by labour day I went to a wakeboarding competition & kissed a boy I liked up until his lips kissed mine.

In grade 10 I had my first girl kiss (which you've heard about too much now) & my growing standard is already pretty high.

Last year I had a brief but dizzy relationship with a chimney (she smoked like one) in the growing cold. She teased me about wearing tights & canvas shoes in late October weather when my teeth chattered then lent me her smoky pashmina. We kissed in the leaves behind bushes & in ravines where we could be secretive. She never gave me any speech about breaking up just started ignoring me then she went on to date another friend of mine & they are still happily together (living together, actually). I'm happy for them & I still tease her about anything that comes to mind.

On Halloween I had a heartfelt encounter with an unavailable girl who subsequently shacked up with me soon after. A lot of boundaries were crossed & eventually a 2.5 month thing dissolved when she couldn't stand certain flirtatious aspects of my character. She dated an enemy & stopped speaking to me. We have reconciled but I can't bring myself to look her in the eye.

Now the last crush I've had was in July & there are no new prospects. Where is my autumn romance?

No comments:

Post a Comment